O-1 Visa (Extraordinary Ability)
An O-1 is an exclusive nonimmigrant visa reserved for people with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. People who are eligible for an O-1 visa are generally well-known in their fields, including professional athletes or famous artists.
There’s a lot of work that goes into preparing an O-1 visa –– after all, applicants have to prove that they’re extraordinary!
So how do prove you qualify for an O-1 visa? It really depends on proving that you’re extraordinary.
Membership in exclusive associations
- Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards
- Membership in exclusive associations
- Published material about you or your work
- Original scientific, scholarly, or business contributions in your field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media in your field
- A high salary or other remuneration compared to others in the field
- Participation, either n a panel or individually, as a judge of others
- Employment in a leading or critical role for organizations that have a distinguished reputation