Delay Litigation

If your case has been unreasonably delayed and is outside normal processing times, it is sometimes necessary to file a lawsuit against the U.S. government. Filing suit in federal court against USCIS, the State Department or individual U.S. Embassies is often an effective way to get cases moving again that have been stuck.

Typically, the best approach is to seek relief under both the Mandamus Act and the Administrative Procedure Act (APA).

Related Articles

What Can I do if my case has been pending for a long time?

If your case is delayed for an unreasonable extent of time, you have the option to file a Writ of Mandamus Lawsuit against a Federal agency. Click to learn more.

Receipt Notice Delays

Notices related to Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker that were filed with a USCIS Lockbox are taking longer than usual to arrive, likely due to COVID-19 closures and USPS slowdowns. Click to learn more.

What is a Mandamus Lawsuit?

Many clients wonder if they can seek legal assistance and take action when their immigration cases are not being processed by USCIS or the consulate in a timely manner. Whether it is a long wait for a petition approval or you have been waiting for a decision on your interview for months, even years, you may have the option to file for a “writ of Mandamus” lawsuit against that government agency under The Mandamus Act and the Administrative Procedure Act (APA).  Click to learn more.

Scroll to Top