Business Immigration

You can receive a green card through employment. Most commonly, U.S. employers can file a petition for its workers to receive a green card. The principal worker and immediate family members can become permanent residents of the U.S. if the necessary steps are followed. In addition, sometimes you can file a petition for yourself, if you or your work are extraordinary or you have substantial funds to invest in a U.S. business.

Visa Types

First Preference Employment-based visa

There are three categories under EB-1 visa: 1.) EB-1A; 2.) EB-1B and; 3.) EB-1C. Click to learn more.

Second Preference Employment-based visa

There are two categories under EB-2 visa: 1.) EB-2 for Professionals Holding an Advanced Degree and; 2.) EB-2 for Persons with Exceptional Ability. Click to learn more.

Third Preference Employment-based visa

There are two categories under EB-3 visa: 1.) EB-3 for Skilled Workers and Professionals and; 2.) EB-3 for Other Workers.

Click to learn more.

Fourth Preference Employment-based visa

There are several special immigrant categories under EB-4 visa. Click to learn more.

Fifth Preference Employment-based visa

The EB-5 visa is specifically issued to immigrant investorsClick to learn more.

H-1B Visa

The H-1B visa applies to those hired by a U.S. employer in a specialty occupationClick to learn more.

O-1 Visa (Extraordinary Ability)

An O-1 is an exclusive nonimmigrant visa reserved for people with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Click to learn more.

E-1/E-2 Visa

E-1 and E-2 visas are for nationals of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation who are coming to the U.S. either to engage in international trade, invest in a U.S. business and manage it, or as an employee of such qualifying business. Click to learn more.

투자 및 사업 운영을 통해 미국에서의 장기 체류를 원하시는 분들을 위한 선택: E-2 비자 | Click to read

L-1 Visa

An L-1 visa is for an intracompany transferee employed by a foreign office and coming to the U.S. to start working for an affiliated or related U.S. office, either as an executive/manager (L-1A) or as a professional employee with specialized knowledge about the company (L-1B)Click to learn more.

미국에 지사를 설립하고자 하는 회사들을 위한 선택: L-1 비자 | Click to read

R-1 Visa

R-1 is issued to a minister or in another religious vocation/occupation by a non-profit religious organization. Click to learn more.

미국에서의 사역을 꿈꾸시는 성직자 분들을 위한 선택: R-1 비자 | Click to read

TN Visa

TN visas are for citizens of Canada or Mexico who come to the U.S. as a business person to engage in business activities at a professional level in accordance with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).  Click to learn more.

PERM Labor Certification

The U.S. Department of Labor does not make it easy for foreign nationals to get a green card through their employers. A key requirement in the process is that the employer must secure a permanent labor certification, otherwise known as a PERM.  Click to learn more.

미국에서의 취업을 통해 영주권을 획득하고자 하시는 분들을 위한 선택: EB-2/EB-3 PERM | Click to read
Scroll to Top