Adjustment of Status for Family Member

Adjustment of Status: Pathway to US Permanent Residency

Adjustment of Status allows non-immigrants to apply for permanent residency while inside the US by filing Form I-485.

Unlike the Immigrant Visa process, Adjustment of Status does not require Consular Processing at a US embassy or consulate abroad and allows the applicants to move from non-immigrant status to permanent resident status without returning to their home countries.

At the end of the process, the applicants will receive a green card which gives them travel and work authorization in the US.

In most cases, an interview to determine the applicant’s eligibility and to verify the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary will be scheduled at the USCIS field office nearest the applicant’s home before the green card is granted.

Scroll to Top